Here are some non-SCCA events that we think might be of interest to our association members. The list begins with Board Member Certification Classes, followed by Other Events, which includes other scheduled classes and watch now/anytime classes.
Watch Now or Anytime:
Provider #0000811 | Course #9630016 | 2 ELE Credits
If you are planning to serve on your homeowner association board, you probably know that you will need to comply with Florida’s certification requirements within 90 days of being elected.
Our HOA Board Certification class is designed to satisfy the statutory requirement so that you are eligible to serve. More importantly, it will provide the tools and information you need to perform your job well and to avoid any potential liability associated with your new role.
- Defining your fiduciary duty
- Analyzing association operations
- How to properly maintain the association’s books and records
- The pros and cons of alternative dispute resolution
- Avoiding common election pitfalls
- Preparing budgets and funding reserves
- Understanding financial reporting requirements
- Assessing insurance needs for common areas
- Defusing conflict within the community
Are you looking to increase your knowledge about your responsibilities to your community? Join FirstService Residential for a Virtual Board Certification Course on June 22nd!
Whether you’re new to the position or an experienced board member, the course provides a wealth of knowledge on the most critical aspects of association operations. Discussion topics include:
- The roles and responsibilities of board members
- Understanding governing documents
- The ins and outs of financial reporting
- How to handle board member elections
- And so much more!
This course fulfills the State of Florida’s educational requirement for newly elected or appointed board members. RSVP today to learn how to take a practical approach to running your association from North America’s property management leader! RSVP here: https://bit.ly/3xbv4kj
Scheduled Upcoming Webinars/Classes
Budget Season Prep Webinar
Leland Management is pleased to present a complimentary Budget Season Prep Webinar that can be taken online from your home or office. Ryan Clifton, Vice President of Accounting with Leland Management, will provide tools and information for building a budget, things to look out for in planning and tips on reviewing financials.
It will occur on June 30, 2021 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm. After registering (via the link below) you will receive instructions on how to join the webinar.
Please register via the link below:
Should the above link not work please copy and paste into Google or Chrome.
If you have any questions or require technical assistance, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
Watch Now or Anytime Online Classes
Click “HERE” for Full Descriptions and Links to the following “Watch Now” classes:
- Disaster Preparedness & Recovery: Are you Ready to Weather the Storm?
- Understanding Our “Bylaws” – A Primer on Association Governing Documents
- Anatomy of a Water Leak
- Is a “No Pet” Building a Thing of the Past?
- How to Properly Run an Election
- Budgeting & Reserves
- Covering your Assets – How to Avoid Board Member Liability
- Collections and Foreclosures Strategies for Community Associations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Construction Projects Gone Wild
- 2021 Legal Update
- Condo Construction Defects 101
- Top 10 Manager Do’s and Don’ts