September 15, 2012
Speakers: Mr. Patrick Flynn, Government Analyst II, with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division. of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes.
Robert Shindo, Lead Investigator, Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Bruce A. Campbell, Condominium Ombudsman
Subject: What the DBPR Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes and The Condominium Ombudsman Can Do to Help Your Association
October 20, 2012
Speaker: Neal McCulloh, Esq., Senior and Founding Partner; Clayton & McCulloh, Attorneys-At-Law
Subject: Why We Need to Amend Our Documents and What Is Involved In the Process
November 17, 2012
Presenters: Taylor & Carls, PA, Attorneys-At-Law
Subject: Board Certification Class
December 2012–No meeting. Holiday recess.
January 19, 2013
Speaker: Peter M. Dunbar, Esq.; Partner, Pennington, Moore, Wilkinson, Bell and Dunbar; Adjunct Professor, Condominium and Community Housing Law, College of Law, Florida State University. Author of “The Condominium Concept,” sometimes referred to as the condominium
association board of directors’ and property managers’ “bible.” Mr. Dunbar is also very active in advocacy on common interest ownership housing matters before the Florida Legislature.
Mr. Dunbar spoke about what might be coming up for common interest ownership housing in the 2013 session of the Florida Legislature.
February 16, 2013
Speaker: Ellen Hirsch de Haan, Esq., Managing Shareholder of Becker & Poliakoff’s Tampa Bay Regional Office. In addition to her law practice, she has been extensively involved in the Community Associations Institute, including serving as a past national president. She is also a lecturer and published author. Click here for more on her extensive community association related work.
Subject: “How To Deal With Difficult People”
March 23, 2013
Our 15th annual SCCA Trade Show was held on Saturday, March 23rd. See our “Trade Show” page” for related media.
April 20, 2013
Speaker: Paul Wean, Esq.; Wean & Malchow, P.A., Attorneys-At-Law
Subject: Legislative Update
May 18, 2013
Speaker: Alan Garfinkel, Esq., of Katzman, Garfinkel, & Berger, Attorneys at Law. Mr. Garfinkel concentrates in the areas of Construction
Defect Law, Insurance Law, and Natural Disaster Law. He was named one of the top insurance lawyers for 2012. Click HERE for more information about him.
Insurance and Litigation:
- Garbage lawsuits-Ignorance is Not bliss.
- Top 10 Director and Officer Insurance Claims
- ABC’s of civil litigation
- Construction Defect Topics:
- Are your Windows leaking?
- It’s been 9 years, do I still have a claim?
- Water in the Walls…or Worse…
- Mold- the Canary in the Coal Mine.
June 15, 2013
Presenter: SERVPRO of South & West Brevard and SERVPRO of Central Brevard
Subject: Mold Remediation Seminar Location: Comfort Inn Click
HERE for meeting flyer with more details.
1. The information published here is provided only as a courtesy, and its accuracy is not warranted by SCCA or the program participants. It should not be relied upon or acted upon by any person as legal advice. The speaker(s) did not have an opportunity to review or edit the audio.
2. If you use the Firefox browser and you are reminded by your browser that you need a plug-in to use the features of this page, please install the plug-in Firefox recommends. You may not be able to hear our audio files without it.
3. Opening meeting handouts requires Adobe’s FREE Acrobat Reader. If you don’t already have it installed, Click Here.