The Southeast Florida Chapter of CAI is assisting with the collection efforts for those affected by the events at Champlain Towers South in Surfside. Here are some ways we can show our support for our neighboring community:
- The Coral Gables Community Foundation, the Miami Foundation, and the Key Biscayne Community Foundation are asking Miami-Dade County residents to contribute to The Surfside Hardship Fund. Donors can use PayPal or credit cards. Here is the page >
- The Greater Miami Jewish Federation established an emergency fund for short-term and long-term needs. The federation is accepting checks with the notation Surfside Building Collapse at 4200 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33137. They are also accepting donations via credit card. For more information about the fund, call 305-576-4000 or visit this page.
- The Shul of Bal Harbour is accepting donations for those impacted by the collapse. To donate visit www.theshul.org/8777.
- The Miami Heat Charitable Fund is working with the humanitarian organization Direct Relief and raising funds to help survivors and first responders. Here is the page >
- GoFundMe launched a centralized hub identifying all verified fundraisers. Here is the page >